To be perfectly honest, I consider myself to be a pretty truthful person. That doesn't mean I go around being mean to everyone, telling them off we they get me angry or depressed. I have a sense of empathy and more often than not I keep my issues inside. Rarely does a lie pass my lips and if it does so happen to occur one day, it is most inconspicuously done without thought. I lie will pass my lips without my approve and clearly with no judgement to support it's deceit. So this day of honest wasn't so much a challenge. If anything it proceeded without thought or interuption like the day before it. No extra motivation was given to the fact that this day I could not tell a lie. It was nature that I would not lie, because it was my costum to remain quiet when a nontruth should approve my mind. Even though no lie was said out loud, it is very hard to suppress the mind. Though I uttered not a single sin, in my soul I knew what I wanted to say and I knew that I must not say it because it was the day in Converse 101 in which the "truth" was our homework.
Honest and integrity can be consitered synonyms of each other. The importance of these words are placed in the values of the individuals who precieve them. One would hope a college student would uphold "honesty" and "integrity" to a high level, but that is not always the case. There will always be the cheater, the lair, the apathic, and all so called "evil doers". In realization I am all these things at some point and I'm sure you are to, but the reason why intregity is important is becasue it helps to drag ourselves out of the our bad qualities. Integrity makes the adverage person strive for something more. We all need to strive for turth sometimes in order to reset our values and minds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
provoking comments, and thoughts.
Post a Comment