Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The World in Me

I don't really know if I have changed much, per say this year. Even though we have only been here barely a month, it feels like years. On the weekend when I go home it fells like a alternate life. Like I am two people. I am the student and I am the daughter. I used to be so close to my family, now I fear we are drifting apart. Each day is exactly the same, and yet completely different in its own way. I fell tired and worn all the time now. The weekends at home seem like a haven; it is a time when I can just be by myself. My roomate and I get along pretty well, but still I just want to have time to myself. No matter where I go someone I know is always right behide me. There is no true escape at school because there are people everywhere. Its never quiet, whether it be 6 in the morning or 12 at night, there is a steady buzz and whisper of noise. Not that it is a bod thing, sometimes I get afriad when the silence is too long or sullen. I guess I've learned that I am a very private person, we others are naturally social creatures I tend to choose the solitude.

1 comment:

Witney Fisher said...

Leah, push yourself to identify places on campus that allow for some solitude. They exist. Trust me.