Tuesday, September 2, 2008
What if...first semester
My first semester in college I didn't know what to expect. There is a certain paradox in thinking at home what life would be like without the comforts of home. I asked myself alot of personal questions like, "Will their be alot of drama, especially in an all girls school?", "Will I have any true time to myself?", but most importantly "Will I become consumitively home sick?". I don't have all the answers just yet, but I feel that I can now create an acturate assesment of the furture semester. I see alot of homework in my future. It feels strange to know that school is now your life, your top priority, when before life was so much mixed activity. Being on the cross country team in Converse College, running is a huge part of the day. In fact, it consumes hours of a schedele already on the brick of super nova. It has been over a week of class and three weeks of running, but I think I finally had a epiphony. Time will simple go on, there is no stopping it. Practice and classes all have a beginning and all have an end. Its not so much what I expect of converse, but what it expects of me. In the mean time I'll do the homework, run, and learn and maybe I will enjoy every minute of it. Maybe I won't....but lets be optomistic here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This year will be a learning experience in every possible way. Enjoy cross country, and push yourself to get involved in other areas.... as long as you also consider how full your plate is. Good luck.
Post a Comment